Sunday, November 3, 2019

Noom Elephant Dialogues--Night Hunger


🐘: I’M HUNGRY!
πŸ•΅️‍♂️: There is hunger
πŸ‡πŸΌ: it’s late. Let’s wait for breakfast.
🐘: BREAKFAST!? I may wither away and die by breakfast.
πŸ•΅️‍♂️: There is fear
πŸ‡πŸΌ: Are we safe
πŸ•΅️‍♂️: we are safe
πŸ‡πŸΌ: We have eaten well today and we are home
🐘: I’m still hungry
πŸ‡πŸΌ: You’re a good elephant. We’ll have a good day tomorrow. How about some stretching.
🐘: πŸ™†‍♀️



It is worth getting deeper into the hunger.
What kind is it?
What would it take to satisfy it?
What happens when you ignore it?
You might experiment with budgeting for a little fruit or a square of chocolate or whatever might hit the spot without blowing the budget.
Also, learning to be at peace with some hunger is helpful.
Often in addition to the concern about hunger is the concern about being hungry.
Beneath this concern is fear about our safety.
So checking in directly with your safety can help tame the elephant.
"Am I safe?"
"I am safe."

2 comments:

  1. An interesting perspective, for sure. What was it that Jenny Craig commercial from the 90s said? "It's not what you're eating, it's what's eating you?" Something like that. At any rate, I can relate. I'm an emotional/stress/anxiety eater, and for the most part, I really do feel hungry when stressed out.

    Just here via #NaBloPoMo2019!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw, I've forgotten how I got to this (your) page. The above by Jake Vortex is very helpful for me....so THANKS

    ReplyDelete