Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Peach Oven German Pancake

During the remodel I was in the market for things I could cook in my micro-convection oven. 
One thing that looked promising was a German Apple Pancake recipe I found in The Best Recipe cookbook. The only problem was that it required cooking the apples for 10 minutes in a skillet and I didn't have ready access to a stove. 

So I adapted the recipe to use canned peaches. Now that I have a range (that I am very happy with) I still like the peach version, so here it is. Also, as usual, I substitute White Whole Wheat flour for the white flour called for in the recipe, and add a Tbs of orange juice to the batter. Prepare a batter of
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup half and half
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbs sugar
  • 1/2 Cup white whole wheat flour
  • 1 Tbs Orange Juice

Cook 5 minutes:
  • 1 Tbs butter
  • a jar of peaches drained
  • 1/4 C brown sugar. 

As an experiment, I added 1 tablet of vitamin C that I put through the spice grinder. I'm not sure it added enough tartness to notice.

Pour the cooked peach mixture into 10" pyrex pie pan (since your 11" pan exploded). I pre-warmed the pan in a 200 degree oven where I was preheating the plates.

Pour batter in, first around the edges then in the middle.

Place in a 425 degree oven for 16-17 minutes.

Remove.

Admire.

Cover with a plate and invert onto warmed platter.

Cut into slices.

Mess it forth.





No comments:

Post a Comment