Sunday, October 14, 2012

Roasted Squash Soup

I have a lot of tromboncino squash and this got me thinking it would be good to make some soup. I found a nice recipe for squash soup from Alton Brown. I had roasted the squash earlier and frozen it while I was waiting for a batch of chicken broth that I didn't botch. (Note to future self: if you are going to simmer broth overnight, safer to do it in a crock pot than on the stove.)

The other nigh I had roasted another chicken, and so yesterday I made broth, and today I had broth to make the soup -- and that is just what I did. Ha!

  • Simmer 3 cups chicken broth with 3 cups roasted squash. 
  • Process in a food processor in batches (until you get an immersion blender). 
  • Simmer with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Season with 1 1/2 tsp Duke's Powder II
  • Garnish and serve.
Next time: add bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment