Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Make Sushi Party -- Rice pockets

As part of a sushi making party my young friend Rachel pitched in making rice pockets in fried soy bean curd -- also called inarizushi.

Start with a big bowl of sushi rice, some "fried soybean curd" envelopes, and some little black seeds.
 Gather up some rice and a pocket.
 Carefully fill the pocket with the rice.
 Apply some seeds.
 Take a look. Maybe a few more?
 Focus and concentration are important.
Plate them up.
And serve.

It was great fun cooking with so many able and enthusiastic hands in the kitchen.

Oh, and they were very tasty to eat!

4 comments:

  1. I love those. I call them pillows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. I needed to use my notebook to jot down what things were called. I don't know the lingo.
      Yes they were very tasty.

      Delete
  2. I think they are called Inari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so. inarizushi des.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi#Inarizushi

      Delete