Wednesday, December 7, 2011

7 Gauge Steel Griddle

Who else could go for some flap jacks? 
I was unhappy with my old non-stick griddle which  wasn't thick enough and I felt like I need to be so delicate with the finish. Not the relationship I wanted to have with my griddle. So I decided to spring for a Chef King Griddle made out of 7 gauge "Unbreakable High Quality Steel". I bought mine at Rose's Restaurant Equipment.


After some initial seasoning I gave some pancakes a whirl.
The first flip looked very nice for the pancakes over the burner. Now that's what I want a pancake to look like.
Still didn't get enough head in the middle to get really good browning in the center, but it was better than the old griddle. I either need to figure out some kind of heat spreader, or just use the middle for keeping stuff warm. 
More adventures to come....




No comments:

Post a Comment