Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pork chops and Apple sauce

Now that we have quite a supply of pork chops in the freezer, I suspect there will be a lot of experimenting with pork chops in my future. We had some applesauce that I used in the sauce with a reduction from the juices from cooking the chops.

I used the Easy Pork Chop recipe from The Best Recipe. At least I started with that recipe. To the reduced sauce I added some fresh bread crumbs, which made the sauce too thick. This gave me the idea to add a little hot apple sauce, and then a little more until it seemed about right.

I served the pan sauce on top of the chops and put a little of the hot apple sauce on the side for good measure.

Update: I made these again, but added some steamed mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) to the sauce. Seemed like a good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment