Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chocolate Crinkles



From The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
I've had pretty good responses from tasters of my Chocolate Crinkles. I mostly follow the recipe (gasp) except I use 1 cup of white whole wheat flower and 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour rather than all purpose.
The last time I made them I made a double batch which worked ok, except I ended up with a lot of left over powdered sugar. Making these makes me want to get some of those little ice cream scoops that you can use for cookie dough.
I bake them on a half sheet with a Silpat mat that I have become quite fond of. It makes cleanup easy and the cookies release nicely. The one hitch is that we haven't figured out how to dry them since they are so floppy.
I tend to cook them on the short end of the time range so they end up almost like individual chewy brownies. If you cook them longer they allegedly crisp up. This might make for a better dunking cookie, though these do fine with a side of milk.

1 comment:

  1. Found the recipe online: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/chocolate-crinkles-recipe

    ReplyDelete