Monday, November 21, 2011

Silpat mat

The "old way" with parchment paper
I've mentioned in a couple of posts that I like my Silpat mat.
I have seen friends that use something similar and seemed to like it.
Then I realized that it would save me from using parchment paper of which I was using more and more.

The "new way" with a silicone mat
When using it, I don't get much if any browning on the bottom and the cookies or bread come off very clean and easily. It is also pretty easy to clean, if a little tricky to find a place to air dry. And they do seem to want to be stored flat.

I found I was using it enough and preferred it to my non-stick pan that I bought a second one so I can keep two pans in flight
 I bought my mats at Bob's Red Mill. I didn't really do much research on one brand vs another.

No comments:

Post a Comment