Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why another food blog?

I rarely follow recipes, though I often start with them. My hope is that this blog be a place where I can record a journal of what I've tried and what did or did not work, and thoughts of what I might "want to try next time". I also want to be able to share my notes with other foodies as well as field requests for "could you send me the recipe for that".

My culinary approach:
  • Cook what I can from scratch -- at least once
  • When presented with options, choose healthful, local, and organic. 
  • Tradeoffs happen
  • I like to pick one ingredient a month and experiment with it anywhere I think I can get away with
Biases: 
  • Not a fan of corn syrup, partial wheat flour, processed stuff
  • Big into roasted veggies
  • Have a hard time doing something the same way twice
Well enough prose, on to the food poetry...

No comments:

Post a Comment