Saturday, March 23, 2013

Creamed butter, sugar, and eggs.

So when I posted about the chocolate chip cookie fail, one thing I didn't get a picture of was how strange the caramel + brown sugar + butter + eggs looked. The butter clarified and didn't fully incorporate into the caramel.

This is what creamed butter, sugar, and eggs is supposed to look like ...

I wish I better understood the chemistry of what is going on with this magical concoction when making cookies.

Update: I got a great comment from donaleen about a Baking 911 blog post that goes into great detail about creaming butter and sugar and the considerations of the temperatures involved. Well worth a read.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this will help

    http://baking911.com/quick-guide/how-to-az/mixing-method-creaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks donaleen!

      I've updated the post to highlight that link.

      Delete