Friday, March 8, 2013

Lamb chops

I wasn't sure how to cook lamb chops, so I thought I would treat them with my favorite (well, only) recipe for pork chops.
  • Dry the chops, cut the outside band of fat/connective tissue in a couple places (to keep the chops from cupping as they cook).  
  • Brush with oil. 
  • Dust with roasting salt. 
  • Dust one side with a little white sugar (to get some nice browning). 
  • Cook the sugared side over medium heat until browned (about 3.5 minutes in this case). 
  •  Flip, cover, turn heat to med-low and cook until internal temp is 140. (Just a few more minutes)
  •  Put into a 200 degree oven until ready to serve. 
  •  Deglaze the pan (I used a little chicken broth which created a nice delicate sauce).




Oh my, these were tasty, if a little fiddly to eat. And Shasta enjoyed the parts we didn't eat.

Next time: for a fancy party I would probably cut out the medalians of meat from the chop to serve rather than have a bunch of butchering at the table. One chop is more of a tease than a serving.

1 comment: