Friday, February 15, 2013

Strange brown glop

Just a reminder, this blog is warts and all. So here is a failure I am sharing...

I had some roasted squash and some leftover mashed potatoes and some leftover caramelized apples and thought "what could happen" and pureed them all together in to this strange brown glop.



It almost tastes like something.

It doesn't really taste bad.

It sort of seems like it could be used in something. But I am at a loss for what.

I have tried it topped with breakfast sausage and gravy.
The breakfast sausage and gravy were good.

I have tried it topped with gouda slices and scrambled eggs with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
The gouda slices, scrambled eggs with cheese, salsa, and sour cream were good.






Hmm.

4 comments:

  1. OK, not your best effort, but it didn't taste bad. it just wasn't your most appealing dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so disgusting looking....I couldn't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a couple tries, I think the best thing might have been to use it as a filling in a galette.

      Delete