Friday, February 1, 2013

Winter Squash German Pancake

In the continuing saga of "things to cook with winter squash" I experimented with a roasted butternut squash German pancake.

For the topping I took some chunks of roasted butternut squash from the freezer and sauteed them in butter, brown sugar and a little fine spices. Then otherwise followed the recipe for the Thick German Pancake from The Best Recipe cookbook.

I thought they were tasty and passed my "qualified breakfast food" filter fine. Not as sweet as a pumpkin pie. I think I will do this again, but I'm not sure it will become a regular.

2 comments:

  1. This does look tasty. I wonder if almond flour or other gluten-free substitute could be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, great idea. I have made gluten-free almond pancakes and waffles with moderate success. Hmm....

    ReplyDelete